Void Balaur is a highly active hack-for-hire / cyber mercenary group with a wide range of known target types across the globe. Their services have been observed for sale to the public online since at least 2016. The hack-for-hire service offering linked to Void Balaur has been advertised through various brand names. The services they have offered over the years include:
- Remote access or perform requested actions on target PCs
- Remove content from any blogs, forums, YouTube Channels, news sites or databases “of any institution”.
- collection of private data and access to specific online email and social media services, such as Gmail, Outlook, Telegram, Yandex, Facebook, Instagram, and business emails.
- Cleanup information online, and manipulate search engine results.
- Remote access to iPhones, mobile tracking, manulating associated data.
- SMS historical records of targets.
- Real time location tracking through mobile networks.
Void Balaur continues their known targeting of a wide variety of individuals and organizations across the globe. The vast majority of known 2022 targets hold a special interest or involvement in business and political situations relevant to organizations inside Russia. Examples include individuals heavily involved in geopolitics, legal, business transactions, technology, human rights and more.